Senior Online Merchandiser
Abel & Cole is an award-winning online food retailer based in south London. We are seeking an experienced, articulate, and versatile Senior Online Merchandiser to lead our visual merchandising and online sales activity.
You will play a leading role across the e-commerce and marketing teams to manage online merchandising activity, analyse key metrics for sales and customer behaviour, and develop long term strategy. You will need to work closely with in-house creative, marketing, web design, buying and product development teams in order to drive conversion, sales and average basket values while simultaneously improving the online customer experience and maintaining the brand personality that is so critical to everything we do.
• Lead online merchandising across the e-commerce and marketing teams; develop all online merchandising and promotional activity within the overall marketing calendar.
• Manage the regular weekly merchandising cycle; plan content updates, promotions and regular product launches, and oversee delivery of copy, photography, product setup and other deliverables.
• Monitor quality and seek opportunities to improve product categorisation, presentation and content; ensure that the accuracy, relevance, and style exceed customer expectations.
• Measure and report weekly online activity and sales performance; analyse the success of promotions and discounting activity together with patterns in purchasing behaviour and use the results to develop the merchandising strategy.
• Work with the Category Manager and wider buying team to influence range development, seasonal product selection, and online launch planning.
• Develop a strategy for product and range discounts, offers and other price promotion activity in tandem with the Category Manager, based on testing, analysis and best practice.
• Develop cross-selling and other AOV-boosting activity opportunities by exploiting existing resources, while working with the web design and development team to introduce new and more sophisticated merchandising tools.
• Undertake regular competitor analysis, keep abreast of industry and general e-commerce trends; share knowledge with the broader website team to influence development strategy.
• Proven commercial experience in online merchandising and retail, ideally in FMCG or food.
• Highly analytical, with a keen eye for detail and insight, both with quantitative and qualitative data.
• Demonstrable experience with Google Analytics (or comparable tools), Excel, content management systems and other relevant technologies.
• Excellent communication skills with high standards in visual, written and oral communication.
• Previous experience of managing individuals or small teams.
• Resourceful and independent - can deliver to deadlines and drive standards with a minimum of supervision.
• A natural collaborative leader and influencer - able to build strong relationships across diverse teams.
• Naturally motivated – committed to joining a high-achieving ethical and professional culture within a growing company.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
We consider ourselves bold, irreverent, genuine, friendly and honest, representing a refreshing alternative to supermarket shopping, but without being worthy or preachy. It is crucial that our website and merchandising reflects the personality of our brand while simultaneously driving sales and delivering a superb customer experience.
If this challenge appeals to you, then please send a CV, a covering letter explaining what appeals to you about the role, and your salary expectations, for the attention of Chris Gort at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 19th November.