DIGITAL ASSET LIBRARIAN (6 month contract)
DIGITAL ASSET LIBRARIAN
Welywn Garden City
£Attractive + Benefits
We need experienced Digital Asset Librarians to assist in the implementation of a Digital Asset Management system and service. The business owns, generates and procures a vast quantity of long-term media assets, product imagery, video, lifestyle, creative photography, brand identity graphics, third-party content, artwork and stock imagery
The Librarian’s duties include setting up asset catalogues and systems, organising large volumes of rapidly changing images, creating and enforcing naming taxonomies and metadata schema, tagging files with relevant and accurate metadata, insuring dependable and rapid distribution to hundreds of users, creating asset reports and support documentation, defining and managing asset workflows, and training/supporting users.
What you’ll deliver
• To set up asset catalogues and workflows by department or asset type
• Organise large volumes of rapidly changing images
• Create and enforce naming conventions, taxonomies, glossaries and metadata schemas - tagging files with relevant and accurate metadata
• Help to create process documentation and training materials
• Help to define, implement and manage media asset workflows
• Training and supporting users and championing system and service uptake
• Managing user registration and application of permission structures
• Liaising with external agencies or suppliers regarding Tesco assets and IP
• Set up and configuration of new and existing DAM collections and modules
• Update and work to taxonomies, glossaries and controlled vocabularies
• Insure dependable and rapid access and distribution to worldwide Tesco staff, suppliers, printers and design agencies
• Track rights usage and expiration
• Provide notification of system status and file availability
• Demonstrable understanding of working with and on taxonomies and metadata.
• Understanding of both the technical and operational challenges of changing working practices around assets.
• Excellent understanding of the process of photography and professional shoots
• Excellent knowledge of creating, retouching, optimising and delivering imagery across multiple channels.
• Demonstrate creative awareness with an attention to detail.
• Knowledge of InDesign and Quark, illustration file formats and Illustrator; still image file & video file formats – PhotoShop, media processing technology, batching tools, and content storage (file types incl. JPEG, TIFF, GIF, Adobe (PSD, AI, PDF, FLASH))
• Experience in working with all types of media.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent. Minimum of two years’ experience setting up / working with digital asset management systems in an advertising agency, media studio, or in-house marketing department or demonstrable experience working enterprise-scale asset management systems.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Odette Beattie email@example.com
Please e-mail a covering letter and CV explaining your suitability for the job