Web Analytics Manager
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependant upon the changing needs of the tesco.com business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
• Develop the roadmap for our web analytics implementations (using Omniture Site Catalyst and Insight) across our websites, platforms and devices to enable a single and consistent view of the customer through all interfaces
• Work closely with our website development teams to ensure new deployments are optimised to support accurate measurement and reporting
• Own the relationship with key third parties (eg Adobe) and work with them to support our growing analytical needs
• Lead the development of our web analytics strategy for the future reflecting both changes in the industry, business strategy and consumer behaviour.
• Develop the right KPIs to support customer, channel and product category performance analysis
• Identify trends, patterns and anomalies that help understand customer behaviour, shape site design and improve campaign marketing performance and social media strategies
• Develop customer journey analysis to identify improvements to site functionality and content necessary to improve conversions and customer return visits
• Champion the use of web analytics within the team and across the broader Tesco business and own and advise on best practice across a number of business teams
• Provide relevant training and programs for multiple disciplines to follow. Be the go to point for knowledge regarding web analytics and performance measurement.
• Synthesize web analytics, search marketing, and customer experience metrics to present a transparent overall picture and measure success of changes to our offer
• Conduct ongoing research into analytics trends and best practices to be considered and implemented into Tesco’s analytics methodologies
• Manage a small team both in the UK and overseas
Working across the varied functions of Tesco.com, this role will best suit an individual who is highly numerate, well organised, a pragmatic and lateral thinker who thrives under pressure and can engage and lead stakeholders of various levels and most importantly, puts customers first.
Key Experience and Qualifications
• 5 years + experience working in a digital environment developing and exploiting web analytics tools to support insight and measure website & marketing performance.
• Highly numerate with a university degree of 2:1 or higher in a quantitative discipline or relevant experience
• Prior experience of implementation and development of Omniture Site Catalyst / Insight
• Prior experience of integrating web analytics platforms and campaign analytics with a corporate BI tool’s. (Cognos / BO / Microstrategy)
• Experience using analytical or business intelligence tools
• Project management experience
• Experience of working with teams overseas is advantageous
Knowledge and Skills
• Advanced web analytics skills and good knowledge of analytics tools and databases
• Confidence and ability to translate complex analysis by drawing conclusions and convey the benefit and actions from the data driven decisions.
• Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
• Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
• Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
• Understanding and experience of A/B and Multivariate testing methodologies.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Please e-mail CV directly