Senior eCommerce Manager (Marketplace) – Maternity Cover
ASOS Marketplace is an evolving platform made up of thousands of sellers. We believe that being personal and professional with impeccable attention to detail is key not only this role but also the Marketplace as a whole.
The ASOS Marketplace team work very closely to ensure a positive seller and customer experience.We are a democratic platform; therefore anyone can sell fashion to anyone anywhere in the world.
The role is a 9 month maternity cover for the Senior Marketplace Manager, and will report into the Ecommerce Director and work very closely alongside the Seller Executives who manage the sellers.
As the Marketplace manager you will be a key contact for Marketplace both internally and externally.You will report into the ASOS E Commerce director and will work closely with the whole of the Marketplace team as well as oversee the seller team.
You will ensure that site KPI’s are met and have an influence in the financial planning. With the seller team you will grow the seller numbers and ensure that all seller feedback is collated and shared with the product team. You will oversee the international fashion scout and work with them to ensure that international seller growth is meeting plan.
Key responsibilities would be:
• Manage the Seller Team to ensure that KPI’s are delivered
• Take responsibility for the P&L and deliver the forecast
• Report on Marketplace to the wider business
• Review site KPI’s and use data to influence and steer site features
• Develop outside relationships in order to promote and grow Marketplace
• Increase the sell through and overall site profit
• Increase international seller numbers to mirror the UK numbers
• Managing and the communicating with the Seller Development team, Marketplace team and the wider business
• Analysing sales reports
We are passionate about our people; they’re the future of our business, which is why we invest time and effort in recruiting the perfect match! Our employees are passionate about ASOS, their role and the overall success of the company. We are all motivated to drive our own success and achieve individual objectives. Communication is key to any role here as our employees continually build relationships at all levels across the business. We’re fast paced, so all employees need to able to adapt to change pretty quickly, be enthused and excited about what’s around the corner for us.
We understand that the ASOS Marketplace is quite a unique proposition. The best experience for this role would probably be time spent as an eCommerce Manager, preferably in the fashion space although it is more important that you have a genuine passion for fashion, rathr than specific experience in the industry.
Some skills you will need
• Proven record of working in a management position within an ecommerce fashion environment
• A good understating of the small business fashion industry
• Extensive Independent Label & Vintage knowledge
• A high level of numeracy & strong analytical skills
• Excellent relationship building skills
• Commercially aware and target driven
• Ability to work to deadlines and work in a pressurised environment
• Strong time management and organisational skills
• First class communication skills and presentation skills
• Strong team player
• Excellent Managerial and leadership skils
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Please e-mail a covering letter and CV explaining your suitability for the job