Head of Content
JustGiving is the world’s leading charity giving platform and fundraising community. We have enabled millions of people to raise well over £1bn for thousands of charities to date. We collaborate closely with companies, event organisers, and technology leaders such as Facebook, Active Networks, PayPal, Salesforce and Vodafone, to grow giving globally.
We are an unusual company in that we combine a strong sense of social purpose with a sustainable business model designed to serve our users, employees and investors in a balanced way.
We are now seeking a talented content leader to help deliver our ambitious growth plans. Content is key to user engagement and loyalty, which in turn stimulate more giving to our charity partners in the UK and beyond.
This is a brand new role at an exciting time for the business, and a unique opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic team player to evolve and grow a much-loved brand.
About the role
Your mission will be to manage and deliver all content activity on JustGiving across all channels – from desktop and mobile sites to social media - to foster loyalty and stimulate the use of our service.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing, communicating, and executing on a content strategy that supports our key user acquisition, engagement and retention goals
- Managing the overall content calendar and ensure that content is consistently fresh, accurate and up to date across our whole portfolio – primarily b2c but also b2b - working closely with the wider marketing and business teams in the process
- Leading our content production and delivery team (currently 1 full-time editor and 1 contractor, plus 2 marketing designers, working in different parts of the business – to Ensure outstanding quality and maximum impact)
- Creating and delivering key campaigns in partnership with business, marketing and product teams, to create engaging and personalised experiences that meet user needs and business goals
- Rapidly identifying and rolling out quick-win improvements to the user experience through content
- Tracking and reporting upon the performance of content initiatives and relentlessly driving improvements through continuous testing and learning; communicating results to the leadership team and the wider team
- Partnering with the product and technology people tasked with building and delivering best-in-class content delivery infrastructure, by contributing data, gathering requirements and making informed recommendations
- Developing and maintaining editorial standards
- Retaining and recruiting best-in-class talent, both in-house and freelancers
We are looking for a creative thinker with a proven track record of delivering commercial benefits through content in a fast-paced, data-led digital business. You will have:
- At least five years’ experience in creating and delivering a successful multi-device, cross-channel content strategy
- A strong editorial sensibility and extensive previous experience as a writer/producer/editor
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organisation and beyond
- Excellent analytical skills and experience of web analytics systems and reporting tools
- Deep experience of content management systems, and sufficient understanding of how technologies such as XML, HTML, XHTML, CSS can work together to best effect
- Experience in sourcing and aggregating content, whether user-generated, social or automated
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organisation skills, and ability to manage multiple projects under pressure
- Collaborative and supportive team leader and a proven track record in getting the best out of creative talent
In return for everything that you can bring, we pay competitive market rates and can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a growing business that’s part of something bigger, with plenty of opportunities to learn – and of course enjoy it at the same time.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Are you the one we are looking for? If this sounds like you, please send your CV, together with a covering letter describing why you think you are the right person for us to our People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org..
We embrace diversity in our applicant’s backgrounds. The successful applicant will have eligibility to work in the UK.