Head of User Experience / UX
"Focus on the user and all else will follow." Our client, an innovative online ticketing platform backed by leading live entertainment global brands, is looking for a user experience manager that is a critical driving force behind gathering user insights used to inspire and inform design decisions.
The role: The Head of User Experience for an innovative online ticketing platform
Analyse, define, and capture user-centered goals to help inform and inspire realistic user experiences.
As the European head of User Experience you will work with the VP of this innovative online ticketing platform, engineers, product managers, business administrators, usability experts, and designers throughout all stages of the product cycle. You are a critical thinker with a good design sense, strong technical background, and an eye for making websites and mobile applications better.
* Establish UX workflow and drive best practices with an eye toward consistent design patterns, localisation, scalability, integration, and ease of maintenance across a variety of consumer touch points and platforms - web, mobile applications, etc.
* Create and deliver detailed wireframes, user flows, mockups, process maps, feature lists, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
* Work with the Director of User Experience in the U.S. and Product Managers to define the user models, goals, and interface for new and existing products/features to ensure consistent user interfaces.
* At the direction of the VP, work with internal and external clients to understand their business models and goals and assist with defining strategy, content, and features for the design of their web site projects
* Define site architecture and navigation that serves as a blueprint of the site upon which all other aspects are built
* Write easy-to-read, but thorough, documentation. Candidates must provide writing samples, preferably design documentation/GUI specification
* Perform/utilise user research including heuristic/competitive analyses, surveys, contextual inquiries and field observations to inform design strategies
* Analyse website audiences and their information and functional needs via internal analytics
* Educate internal teams on design process, methods, concepts and interaction design directions
* Extensive relevant work experience on complex websites, mobile apps, and software - Entertainment and/or Ticketing Industry experience is a plus
* Advanced/Expert knowledge of UX tools: OmniGraffle, Visio, and Axure
* Understanding of graphic software programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator
* Strong and clean visual design sense
* Expert understanding of User Centered Design principles and practices
* Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology
* Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, J-Query, etc (the candidate does not need to author the code)
* Excellent written and communication skills
* Experience with external or internal user experience testing
* Strong portfolio showcasing commercial experience across user experience, interface, interactive, graphic, and web design
* Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively in a fast paced environment
* BA or BS in the following: Graphic/Visual Arts, Library and Information Science, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Information Sciences, Marketing, Industrial Design, Fine Arts, or a related area/experience
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Client Services Manager
True North Executive Search