E-commerce Product Manager
thetrainline.com is the UK’s leading independent retailer of train tickets online, serving millions of UK train travellers every year. Our goal is to help people save money on train tickets whether it’s online or increasingly on mobile. Talented people, customer led product innovation and powerful marketing have made us one of the most successful online businesses in the UK and thetrainline.com is now the UK’s 2nd most visited travel website, and the 17th most visited UK e-commerce site.
This is a unique opportunity to play a part of the product development for a major online brand, by contributing to and delivering against a roadmap of customer focussed website and mobile enhancements.
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic Product Development Manager to help us enhance our consumer facing web and mobile proposition by demonstrating a passion for good customer experience and attention to detail; delivering new features and functionality; and maintaining an awareness of market trends and opportunities.
Initially focussed on our mobile channels, you will play a key role in delivering a best-in-class experience to our mobile customers with the opportunity to influence the overall mobile and web product direction.
• You will take ownership for ensuring a high quality customer experience across our mobile channels (and ultimately on the web too) systematically eliminating any points of customer frustration and providing reasons for customers to be delighted with features available.
• You will contribute new ideas to ensure we continue to innovate, and that our mobile apps / mobile website have clear points of differentiation from the competition.
• You will have your finger on the pulse of trends in the online and mobile world and have ideas and opinions on how to exploit them
• You will develop a real insight and understanding into our product suite, and what our customers are looking for and require
• You will manage the requirements of multiple stakeholders across the business, taking them along with you in the decisions that are taken
• You’ll be work closely with internal and external software development teams and get best value from them, including a combination of clarity and flexibility
• You will have experience of commercial product development in a consumer ecommerce environment
• You will be passionate about the user experience, and will be able to demonstrate a track record of systematically improving the user flow
• You will have experience of using analytical tools in conjunction with customer research to focus improvements
• You will have knowledge of web & mobile trends and be able to relate them back to product development
• You will have experience of working in an environment where changes are primarily delivered through software development
• Evidence of working effectively with 3rd parties
• Enthusiastic user of the web and mobile apps
• Experience of developing products for mobile markets
• Knowledge of verticals such as Travel and Retail
• Management of user interface design process
• Experience of customer research such as focus groups and usability testing
• Familiarity with A-B testing / multi-variate testing
• Experience of conversion rate optimisation
• Project Management experience
• Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
• Whilst an experience of rail retailing is not required, you will have the appetite to develop a thorough understanding of the rail products on offer, and opportunities and constraints to retail these online via web & mobile in a simple and intuitive manner
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
To read the full job description please visit www.thetrainlinejobs.com
To apply directly, please send your CV to email@example.com