Great Ruby developer
Econsultancy is an award-winning online publisher with 95,000 users, 40 employees, two offices (London & New York), see http://econsultancy.com/about for more details
We have one big Rails application, and we're looking for a great Ruby developer to become a core member of our small but extremely talented technical team.
The job is based in our shiny Clerkenwell office with the usual nice perks (Mac, coffee, food, beers). Over the next year we're taking our core Rails application in all sorts of exciting directions. You'll be be using the full power of Ruby to solve loads of difficult and interesting problems along the way. You will also be keeping up with the leading edge of Rails development (and related frameworks and technologies) and almost certainly be contributing back to the Ruby community as you do so.
For more information about our team and the technologies we use, see http://econsultancy.com/uk/about/tech
We're definitely looking for:
- Good all-round programming and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in Ruby & Rails, with a passion for learning more
- The usual working knowledge of day-to-day Unix admin (Linux / OS X, Apache, MySQL) and version control (Git)
- An interest in new technologies, techniques and programming languages
- The ability to get stuff done
Serious bonus points for experience in:
- Advanced Ruby programming (DSLs all the way down)
- BDD with RSpec and Cucumber
- Object-oriented, domain-driven design
- Cloud computing infrastructure (EC2 and S3)
- Computer science and discrete mathematics
- iPhone/Android application development
- Data visualisation
- Messaging queues and NoSQL-style data stores
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
To find out more, please send a hello, a CV and a code sample or GitHub account to firstname.lastname@example.org. We all work from home some of the time but this isn't a teleworking position, and no agencies, please!