Web Designer / Developer
On a day to day basis, the Web Developer would define and drive current web initiatives, manage the development team (including vendors), edit online content and visual communication, and participate in interaction design and code development activities. Liaises with Channel Performance Optimisation, eCommerce, Customer Solutions and Customer Fulfilment, Marketing stakeholders and vendors to ensure delivery of business requirements. Ensures line of business needs and departmental goals are met. Ensures error free code development and following set procedures on a daily basis. A Web Developer is responsible for adhering to company and industry guidelines and regulations.
The Web Developer owns the delivery of enhancements and content updates to existing web properties/applications and engages in the development of new sites/Applications and functionality as required by the business. The role reports to the CPO (Channel Performance Optimisation) Web Team manager based in Chester. For specific development projects, the role will have a dotted line into the associated project manager. The key focus of the role will be the translation of designs and content into fully developed, functional solutions through efficient, high quality code.
• Ensure all daily development deadlines are met/exceeded.
• Ensure that the web sites are developed and maintained and run within Europe Card Services (ECS), eCommerce policies, guidelines and regulations and any regulatory/self audit feedback is acted on promptly; ensure development guidelines are adhered to and solutions are fully compliant with all relevant legislations
• Support resource planning within the department
• Support and drive innovation to move the business forward
• Working closely with Information Architects, Visual Designers and Usability Experts to deliver high quality solutions that fully achieve the objectives of the initial brief or project.
• Creation of functional / technical specifications, input into system architecture design.
• Delivery of solutions that are fully aligned with brand, best practice and corporate standards.
• Ensuring best practice SEO approach is consistently delivered throughout site development.
• Delivery of enhanced site functionality, e.g. content management, data capture, site search etc.
• Contributing towards the successful integration of web properties with company eCommerce and Technology systems where applicable.
• Population of site content.
• Code management including the use of a version control platform, promotion of code into staging / UAT environments as required.
• Working with testing team to ensure the development of robust test scripts.
• Carrying out peer code reviews, supporting testing and vulnerability assessments.
• Pre and post-launch support (potentially outside of normal office hours on occasion).
• Working with our external hosting partners to ensure platform stability.
• Excellent organisation and decision making skills
• Results orientated environment
• Strong coding and problem solving skills; the ability to think laterally.
• Strong communication, organisation and time management skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team and deliver to deadlines.
• Knowledge of Web Accessibility standards.
• Knowledge of best practice usability approaches.
• Ability to accurately translate visual designs into working code.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Familiarity with secure coding techniques to prevent vulnerabilities.
• Some experience of developing for mobile devices preferred.
A working knowledge of the following programming / scripting languages:
• SQL and MySQL databases
What's on offer?
MyBenefitChoices is Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s flexible benefits programme. It offers you the freedom to choose benefits that work for you and can be adapted as your personal circumstances change. It includes:
• Non Contributory pension Scheme
• Private Medical care
• Dental Care
• Life Assurance
• 25 days holiday - (with options to purchase more)
All this along with a competitive compensation package is available...
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Applications: send a CV directly through to email@example.com
Or applying online www.bankofamerica.com/careers/